Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Psalms 62:7 READ IT!


Family :)
 
Hows life!? We received some interesting news this morning from the mission president. Effective today, missionaries are allowed to email anyone they want and the email time on pdays has been extended! So, lets take advantage of this together! :)
 
First off, I want you all to know I love you. And Second, I want you to know that I'm super happy to be serving my mission. I've mentioned to a few of you already, but I cannot imagine life without serving a mission. I dont think I would be able to live without this amazing experience.. and i've only been out almost 9 months! I've come to truly know that Heavenly Father is aware of me. He wants me to learn and be happy and if I do whats right, He willteach me! Somehow, I'm learning lessons out here that I know will bless me in the future. And, somehow, I know if I were anywhere else in the world, learning these lessons would be a lot different. Im grateful for the gospel. The principles of faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end mean so much to me! They are the tools that will help us overcome anything and live happy and abundant lives. I believe this and I know that it's true!
 
Ohio is pretty sweet. The work in New Albany has been wonderful lately. Im so grateful for everyones prayers. I truly feel your love and support. Elder Foster and I have been so blessed and have learned a valuable lesson. I may have mentioned this in my last email (maybe not), but we have gone several transfers with no one on date for baptism. So, we were challenged by our zone leaders to ask for literal help in all of our prayers throughout the day. We began being more specific and throughout the next couple of days were almost begging for help. We lost ourselves in the work and found a few solid investigators. One of which we had known for a while but because of her parents we werent allowed to teach her. Long story short, one of our investigators had a miraculous experience with the Spirit and announced to her parents that she was going to join the church (we didnt know any of this was going on in the meantime). So, she got kicked out of her house and our members took her in. She is on fire! She is going to be baptized on April 6th! It is going to be amazing! Its truly been a miracle along with another one of our investigators who will be baptized next month once she gets her cast off her foot. The Lord will help you if you simply ask and be specific. Lose yourself in this marvelous work of sharing the gospel and He will give you success! My favorite scripture has been put to the test and continues to work in my life and the life of my friends here in Ohio:
 
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
[Proverbs 3:5-6.]

The gospel is true everyone! i know it for a FACT.

We had the opportunity to meet with Elder Bruce D. Porter of the Quorum of the Seventy last week. It was sweet. He opened up some time for questions towards the end of his talk and some missionaries you just want to cover their mouths with tape because of some of the dumb questions they ask an apostle, but i learned a lot from him. it was a sweet experience. Look him up on the church's website. He's a great man. Alright everyone I love you so much! Feel free to write/email me! I love hearing from you. Have a fabulous week and know that all things are possible if you have faith in the Lord and faith in what you are doing.

Choose The Right!

Elder Benavides

No comments:

Post a Comment